When establishing a management system, organizations have to put in place processes to control the purchasing of products (or services) and their verification. However, the way organizations consider such requirements are fulfilled may not necessarily be the most appropriate one. Similarly, auditors may consider it sufficient to confirm compliance by just checking that an approved supplier list is up-to-date, that orders have been placed only with approved suppliers and activities necessary for ensuring conformity with the specified purchase requirements have been carried out.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Procurement should start during the design and development of a product when a specification is prepared
- Inter-departmental discussions should take place to ensure that potential suppliers can provide a product that meets the design specification at the required cost;
- The organization should ensure that the specified purchase requirements are correct prior to their communication to the supplier;
- Statutory & regulatory requirements should have been included in the purchase requirements, as applicable;
- The degree of risk associated with a component or product and the controls required to ensure that it meets the design specification should have been assessed
- Procurement Audit Procedure
- Criteria for the Selection of Suppliers
- Limitations of traditional approach
- Reliance on tendering
- Vulnerability to contract fraud
- Initial selection and supplier partnerships
- Annual review tools e.g. rolling audits, supplier ‘MOTs’
- Improvement plans
Our mission is the development of potentials in individuals and organizations in emerging economies. We believe that economies develop when entities within it are performing to their highest potential.
People matter to us. We are committed to understanding our clients so that we can serve them better. Our ultimate goal is to foster mutually beneficial longterm relationships with each of our clients that is built on trust.
Our faculty members are experts within their fields, and are supported by a network of dynamic back-office staff. We actively encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing, recognizing that winning ideas come from collaborative thinking. With the wealth of knowledge within our teams and our collaborative ethos, we create an atmosphere that is conducive to learning for all our delegates.