Conducting an internal investigation can be a difficult task. An investigation into employee wrongdoing can be costly, disruptive and time-consuming, and can also lead to a variety of legal problems and other unexpected complications if it is not conducted with the utmost care and confidentiality. Conducting Internal Investigations will prepare you for every step of an internal investigation into potential fraud, from receiving the initial allegation to testifying as a witness. In this course, you will learn how to lead an internal investigation with accuracy and confidence by gaining knowledge about various topics, such as relevant legal aspects of internal investigations, using computers in an investigation, collecting and analysing internal and external information, interviewing witnesses and writing reports.
At the end of the course delegates would:
- Understanding fraud and how it can be committed
- Learning about the different fraud schemes and their red flags
- Developing a fraud prevention policy and procedures
- Understanding Corruption and its different forms
- Conducting an effective internal investigation
- Identifying the sources of information available and relevant
- How to obtain relevant evidence
- Handling the evidence by following the procedures
- Analysis of documents
- How to prepare an interview
- Conducting an effective interview
- Dealing with difficult people and barriers
- Confidently testifying as a witness
- Understanding Fraud
- Fraud Schemes and Red Flags
- Fraud Prevention
- Introduction to Internal Investigations
- Collection and Analysis of Documents
- Interview Preparation
- Interview Mechanics
- Concluding the investigation
- Testifying as a fact witness
Our mission is the development of potentials in individuals and organizations in emerging economies. We believe that economies develop when entities within it are performing to their highest potential.
People matter to us. We are committed to understanding our clients so that we can serve them better. Our ultimate goal is to foster mutually beneficial longterm relationships with each of our clients that is built on trust.
Our faculty members are experts within their fields, and are supported by a network of dynamic back-office staff. We actively encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing, recognizing that winning ideas come from collaborative thinking. With the wealth of knowledge within our teams and our collaborative ethos, we create an atmosphere that is conducive to learning for all our delegates.