As Internal auditing is a vital part of Quality Management systems, this course focuses on how to help internal auditor critically assess the methods by which internal auditing can be carried out and how the function can best partner with senior management, risk units and business-lines to provide accurate, independent assurance.
At the end of the course delegates will understand:
- Understand the organisation, planning and control of internal auditing
- Relate to the current philosophy and practice
- Realise and manage the behavioural implications of internal auditing
- Appreciate the essential techniques to be used
- The audit process
- Preparation/checklist development
- Gathering evidence of conformance
- Types of audit
- Observation, sampling and interviewing
- Audit objectives
- Reporting audit findings
- Challenges of audit reporting
- Who are the reports really for?
- How do you know a good report when you see one?
- What Management expect – recent survey of chief executives
- IIA Professional standards
- The need for reports with impact
- Audit responsibilities
- Verifying corrective action
Our mission is the development of potentials in individuals and organizations in emerging economies. We believe that economies develop when entities within it are performing to their highest potential.
People matter to us. We are committed to understanding our clients so that we can serve them better. Our ultimate goal is to foster mutually beneficial longterm relationships with each of our clients that is built on trust.
Our faculty members are experts within their fields, and are supported by a network of dynamic back-office staff. We actively encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing, recognizing that winning ideas come from collaborative thinking. With the wealth of knowledge within our teams and our collaborative ethos, we create an atmosphere that is conducive to learning for all our delegates.