The term ‘forensic’ means suitable for courts of justice or for public discussion and debate. Forensic auditing provides an investigation methodology and accounting analysis that is suitable to the court, which will form the basis for discussion, debate and ultimately dispute resolution. This course concentrates on practical advice for internal auditors in the fight against fraud, with focus sessions on deterrence, data mining and interviewing in a stressed environment. It provides an incisive analysis of how fraud occurs within an organisation and explains the latest techniques for fighting it.
At the end of the course delegates will have a better understanding of:
- Detection of white collar crimes within an organization
- Skills for Forensic Investigations
- Successful prosecution of economic crimes, in particular fraud
- The integration of accounting, auditing and investigative skills.
Forensic Auditing Overview
White Collar Crime and Business Risk
- The black economy – awareness and profiles
- Money laundering component and the proceeds of crime
- Governance and business risk overview
- Fraud theory (definitions, types and scale)
- Limitations of traditional audit techniques
- Strategic fraud prevention plan
Detection and the Forensic Audit Toolkit
Investigations and Expert Witness Testimony
- Use of publicly available information
- Use of documentary evidence
- Interviewing in a stressed environment – the five possible stages of a fraud interview and how best to handle each stage
- Assessing quantum of loss
- Practical case-management tips
- Dealing with lawyers and handling court situations
Our mission is the development of potentials in individuals and organizations in emerging economies. We believe that economies develop when entities within it are performing to their highest potential.
People matter to us. We are committed to understanding our clients so that we can serve them better. Our ultimate goal is to foster mutually beneficial longterm relationships with each of our clients that is built on trust.
Our faculty members are experts within their fields, and are supported by a network of dynamic back-office staff. We actively encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing, recognizing that winning ideas come from collaborative thinking. With the wealth of knowledge within our teams and our collaborative ethos, we create an atmosphere that is conducive to learning for all our delegates.