This course is intended to give professionals a sound understanding of hedge accounting and reporting standards contained in IFRS 9, and the implications for the design, management and reporting of hedging strategies. IAS 39 has been replaced with a new standard IFRS 9, which removes the restrictions and accounting anomalies contained in IAS 39 improving the reporting standards and transparency. The requirements for derivatives and hedging are explained in clear, simple language supported with practical examples, discussion sessions and case studies. The participation of delegates is encouraged and they are also invited to bring their own cases and discuss the issues they face in applying hedge accounting and the standards.
At the end of the course, each delegate will be able to:
- Better understanding of hedge accounting requirements
- More cost effective hedging solutions
- Compliance with the hedge accounting requirements
- Enhanced processes and controls around hedge accounting
- Introduction to hedge accounting
- Hedging instruments
- Accounting for hedging activities
- The hedge accounting models
- Cash flow hedges
- Net investment hedges
- Criteria for obtaining hedge accounting
- Hedge effectiveness
- Methods used to assess hedge effectiveness
- Hedge ineffectiveness
- Hedging foreign exchange risk
- Hedging foreign subsidiaries
- Hedging interest rate risk
- Hedging foreign currency liabilities
- Hedging commodity risk
- Hedge accounting disclosures
Our mission is the development of potentials in individuals and organizations in emerging economies. We believe that economies develop when entities within it are performing to their highest potential.
People matter to us. We are committed to understanding our clients so that we can serve them better. Our ultimate goal is to foster mutually beneficial longterm relationships with each of our clients that is built on trust.
Our faculty members are experts within their fields, and are supported by a network of dynamic back-office staff. We actively encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing, recognizing that winning ideas come from collaborative thinking. With the wealth of knowledge within our teams and our collaborative ethos, we create an atmosphere that is conducive to learning for all our delegates.