We all recognise successful managers by their mastery of the essential financial skills and the way in which they use these skills in effective decision making. These key financial skills have never been more in demand than in these challenging times and this course provides the chance to cover them all in one workshop.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
After completing this course, the delegate will be able to understand and apply the key financial skills to interpret and use financial reports to improve their effectiveness in the demanding world in which we now work.
Learning these essential financial skills is not as difficult as some people believe and in the hands of a professional manager these skills can provide a formidable advantage to anyone wanting to improve their performance and their career prospects.
- Accounting principles and financial statements:
- Accounting concepts, principles, policies and GAAP
- Preparing and understanding the Profit & Loss Account, the Balance Sheet and the Cash flow Statement
- Understanding working capital and cash flow:
- The vital difference between profit and cash flow
- Business funds flow and the “trade cycle”
- Understanding “working capital” and why it is so important
- Understanding gross margin and profit:
- Understanding costs, gross margins and break-even
- The pros and cons of some common pricing strategies
- The secret of strong profits
- Analysing financial reports and measuring performance:
- What financial statements can and can’t tell you about business performance
- Understanding risk and the key measures of performance
- Using the pyramid of financial ratios
- How great businesses make great returns
- Altman’s Z Score and methods to predict business failure
- Identifying critical success factors and KPI’s
- Investment appraisal techniques:
- The pros and cons of the most common investment appraisal methods
Our mission is the development of potentials in individuals and organizations in emerging economies. We believe that economies develop when entities within it are performing to their highest potential.
People matter to us. We are committed to understanding our clients so that we can serve them better. Our ultimate goal is to foster mutually beneficial longterm relationships with each of our clients that is built on trust.
Our faculty members are experts within their fields, and are supported by a network of dynamic back-office staff. We actively encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing, recognizing that winning ideas come from collaborative thinking. With the wealth of knowledge within our teams and our collaborative ethos, we create an atmosphere that is conducive to learning for all our delegates.