An extensive knowledge and understanding of credit risk practices is critical to the Head Office functions of banks, the retail units, the business/commercial units of banks where skills in critical analysis, evaluation and synthesis of complex issues are paramount in order to identify, assess, monitor and report risk.
At the end of the course delegates will learn that:
- Understanding of how credit risk functions and how it plays its part in managing risk for a banking business
- How a bank manages their internal risks and how customers should manage their credit risks
- Developing effective problem solving and decision making using appropriate quantitative and qualitative skills
- Developing cognitive skills of critical thinking analysis and synthesis in relation to industry, business and financial risks
- Understanding of what risk is and how it can be identified and monitored
- Creating, evaluating and assessing a range of options to apply to a range of situations in the financial services industry
- Operational risk and business continuity management
- Responsibility and accountability
- Operational risk management lifecycle
- Purpose of risk assessment and probability; benefits
- A methodical risk assessment approach: steps and techniques
- Risk mitigation, appetite/tolerance and its benefits
- Loss data analysis
- Monitoring and reporting
- A risk-based management approach to controls
- Crisis management
- Risk-based capital and Basel 2
- Governmental policy and Corporate Governance
- How is risk managed and overviewed
- The credit scoring system
- Higher value lending
- Analysis of credit risk and liability risk
- Credit risk in business units of banks
- Risk management strategy, analysis and assessment
- Financial repayment risk
Our mission is the development of potentials in individuals and organizations in emerging economies. We believe that economies develop when entities within it are performing to their highest potential.
People matter to us. We are committed to understanding our clients so that we can serve them better. Our ultimate goal is to foster mutually beneficial longterm relationships with each of our clients that is built on trust.
Our faculty members are experts within their fields, and are supported by a network of dynamic back-office staff. We actively encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing, recognizing that winning ideas come from collaborative thinking. With the wealth of knowledge within our teams and our collaborative ethos, we create an atmosphere that is conducive to learning for all our delegates.