“With careful and detailed planning, one can win; with careless planning, one cannot win. How much more certain is defeat if one does not plan at all!” The Chinese general Sun Tzu wrote this in “The Art of War” in 400bc and his advice has never been more relevant than in today’s challenging world. The successful organisation matches its capabilities with the environment and competitive framework in which it operates; a process generally referred to as strategic planning. Executives aiming to operate effectively at the highest levels of organisational management need a thorough understanding of these principles and how, through strategic financial planning, they can be converted in to the financial objectives of the organisation.
This intensive course provides the opportunity to cover the essentials of both strategic planning and strategic financial management in one workshop.
At the end of the course delegates will learn:
- Analyze the external framework and competitive environment in which an organization functions
- Identify organizational competencies and develop winning strategies
- Understand and develop financial management strategies
- Identify key financial objectives for your organization
- Strategic Direction
- The Organisation’s Capabilities
- Developing an Effective Strategy
- Managing Strategic Change
Strategic Financial Planning
- Accounting principles and financial statements
- Accounting concepts, principles, policies and GAAP
- Improving cashflow by effective working capital management
- Pricing for strong margins and profit
- Interpreting financial statements and measuring performance
- Investment and Project Appraisal
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Understanding and Managing Risk
- A balanced strategy for risk management
Our mission is the development of potentials in individuals and organizations in emerging economies. We believe that economies develop when entities within it are performing to their highest potential.
People matter to us. We are committed to understanding our clients so that we can serve them better. Our ultimate goal is to foster mutually beneficial longterm relationships with each of our clients that is built on trust.
Our faculty members are experts within their fields, and are supported by a network of dynamic back-office staff. We actively encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing, recognizing that winning ideas come from collaborative thinking. With the wealth of knowledge within our teams and our collaborative ethos, we create an atmosphere that is conducive to learning for all our delegates.