It is our aim on this course to lay a well-established foundation to the activities oftreasury managers as well as the development of the treasury management profession, the organisational aspects of treasury, and the main functional areas oftreasury: foreign exchange and interest rate risk management. A significant emphasis will be placed on techniques employed in the solution of practical problems, though not to the exclusion theory.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Assess the foreign exchange and interest rate risk exposure of an organization
- Explain the day to day activities of a company treasurer;
- Understand the role of a structure and corporate treasurer
- Solve simple treasury problems;
- Assess the financial risks facing large multinational companies
- The hedging instruments and assess their suitability in relation to the risks identified.
- Competence in interpreting and evaluating financial problems posed
both in quantitative and non-quantitative terms
- The ability to resolve practical risk management problems
- Corporate finance funding techniques
- How to use debt and equity and capital markets
- What credit risk means to you
- Options swaps and futures
- How to add value through corporate treasury
- How to deposit cash surpluses in all time periods
- Effective relationship management with other sections of the organisation
- How the treasury function fits with the overall business strategy of the organisation
- The organisational structure, performance and strategic focus of the treasury function
Our mission is the development of potentials in individuals and organizations in emerging economies. We believe that economies develop when entities within it are performing to their highest potential.
People matter to us. We are committed to understanding our clients so that we can serve them better. Our ultimate goal is to foster mutually beneficial longterm relationships with each of our clients that is built on trust.
Our faculty members are experts within their fields, and are supported by a network of dynamic back-office staff. We actively encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing, recognizing that winning ideas come from collaborative thinking. With the wealth of knowledge within our teams and our collaborative ethos, we create an atmosphere that is conducive to learning for all our delegates.