This course has been designed to help audit committee members increases awareness of Risk Management and governance issues to improve audit committee effectiveness. We would also focus on risk management best practices, and each delegate would be required to complete a meaningful self-assessment of your organization’s governance process.
At the end of the course delegates will have:
- An understanding of the regulatory and statutory background to the work of the audit committee and its role in delivering good governance
- A practical model for assessing the effectiveness of your committee and identifying how to put it to better use
- The chance to discuss your own experiences with peers and our experts, exchange insights and consider best practice
- Governance cycles and trends
- Sarbanes-Oxley and SEC requirements
- Current issues and events in your industry/sector
- Changes in audit committee roles and responsibilities
- Enterprise risk management: emerging trends, practices, and benefits
- Control models and frameworks: your organization’s control environment
- The changing nature of internal auditing
- Your organization’s risk profile and key business risk priorities
- Audit Committee Practices and Resources
- Financial reporting oversight practices
- Audit committee charters and composition, working relationships with management and auditors, training and resources, and meetings
- Opportunities to improve your committee’s effectiveness
- Self-assessment of your committee
Our mission is the development of potentials in individuals and organizations in emerging economies. We believe that economies develop when entities within it are performing to their highest potential.
People matter to us. We are committed to understanding our clients so that we can serve them better. Our ultimate goal is to foster mutually beneficial longterm relationships with each of our clients that is built on trust.
Our faculty members are experts within their fields, and are supported by a network of dynamic back-office staff. We actively encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing, recognizing that winning ideas come from collaborative thinking. With the wealth of knowledge within our teams and our collaborative ethos, we create an atmosphere that is conducive to learning for all our delegates.