The course is based on theory and practical application through case studies of privatisation and other alternatives throughout the world, ranging from examples of obvious failure such as the railways in the United Kingdom to apparent successes such as Kenya Airways. The emphasis of the course is on critical analysis of the alternatives.
At the end of the course delegates will:
- Discuss the variety of experiences of privatisation in a wide range of sectors and countries
- Judge the desirability of privatisation in different circumstances
- Advise on appropriate methods of privatisation for different policy objectives
- Evaluate the results of privatisation
- Advise on contractual arrangements between governments and private and voluntary sector service providers
- Explain public-private partnerships (PPPs), how they can be organised to produce value for money and the potential pitfalls
- Make a judgement on the future of the relationship between the public and private sectors.
- Why Privatise?
- Scale and Methods of Privatisation in Africa, Latin America and Asia
- Impact of Privatisation
- Case Studies in Privatisation
- Outsourcing, Contracting and Competition
- Case Studies in Procurement
- Public-Private Partnerships
- The Future
Our mission is the development of potentials in individuals and organizations in emerging economies. We believe that economies develop when entities within it are performing to their highest potential.
People matter to us. We are committed to understanding our clients so that we can serve them better. Our ultimate goal is to foster mutually beneficial longterm relationships with each of our clients that is built on trust.
Our faculty members are experts within their fields, and are supported by a network of dynamic back-office staff. We actively encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing, recognizing that winning ideas come from collaborative thinking. With the wealth of knowledge within our teams and our collaborative ethos, we create an atmosphere that is conducive to learning for all our delegates.