This course considers management of information and effective communication at times of crisis. We will examine recent crises to illustrate how and why poor management of information and communication has had disastrous effects. On this course, we will treat basic rules together with preparation and training for crisis management, including a crisis checklist, phone lines, spokespersons, conveying the message and training support staff.
At the end of the course delegates will understand:
- The need for the establishment of house rules to avoid problems.
- Interpretations of “off the record” and how problems can arise from differing interpretations.
- The value of simultaneous communication to all audiences
- The value of simultaneous communication to all audiences.
- The key information you will need from your clients
- Will they need legal guidance as well as PR advice?
- Timing – the crucial stages
- What information can be stopped from publication and how
- Building a structure for your team to use
- Handling PR Crisis management without a professional
- The reason for PR crisis management
- Using PR crisis management techniques to solve a problem
- Skills and talent management for PR crisis management professionals
- How to get started in PR crisis management
- Judging your PR crisis management strengths
Our mission is the development of potentials in individuals and organizations in emerging economies. We believe that economies develop when entities within it are performing to their highest potential.
People matter to us. We are committed to understanding our clients so that we can serve them better. Our ultimate goal is to foster mutually beneficial longterm relationships with each of our clients that is built on trust.
Our faculty members are experts within their fields, and are supported by a network of dynamic back-office staff. We actively encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing, recognizing that winning ideas come from collaborative thinking. With the wealth of knowledge within our teams and our collaborative ethos, we create an atmosphere that is conducive to learning for all our delegates.