This is a well-rounded and grounded course, which focuses on the fundamentals of the oil and gas industry. It provides a comprehensive overview of the oil and gas industry with emphasis on the downstream refining, sales and marketing. Our main objective is that participants will gain an appreciation of industry dynamics and the key issues affecting its development and future.
At the end of the course delegates will understand:
- How the overall market for oil products is structured and how it links to the rest of the oil industry
- The major product types, their characteristics and applications
- The major customer segments, their needs and expectations
- The fundamental economic drivers of downstream oil products markets
- How to analyse a market and evaluate the impact of trends on its future development
- The importance of customer segmentation and structuring offers accordingly
- How to develop a marketing strategy and marketing plan
- Opportunities, strategies and tactics to add value through marketing
- Identify and understand the key factors that affect energy prices
- Identify and analyse the economic, political, strategic and seasonal price influences
- Evaluate transport, storage and the shape of the forward curve
- Explore the tax and environmental issues
- Compare technical and fundamental analysis
- Identify and understand the commonly used tools and to be able to use technical analysis to forecast future price movement
- Appreciate the changing trends in global demand
Our mission is the development of potentials in individuals and organizations in emerging economies. We believe that economies develop when entities within it are performing to their highest potential.
People matter to us. We are committed to understanding our clients so that we can serve them better. Our ultimate goal is to foster mutually beneficial longterm relationships with each of our clients that is built on trust.
Our faculty members are experts within their fields, and are supported by a network of dynamic back-office staff. We actively encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing, recognizing that winning ideas come from collaborative thinking. With the wealth of knowledge within our teams and our collaborative ethos, we create an atmosphere that is conducive to learning for all our delegates.