This course provides an understanding of basic records management principles and how they affect daily work. This course explores the techniques and protocols that govern the lifecycle of a record, including concepts of adequate and proper documentation, disposition, and where to go for help. It discusses how managing records and information supports the work of any organization and improves staff effectiveness. There are no formal prerequisites.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Identify valuable records and the key requirements for managing them
- Principles for developing a file plan and record retention
- Understand records management principles
- Understand the repercussions of poor records management
- Know where to go for records management assistance within an agency.
- Developing your corporate file plan
- Developing records retention and disposal schedules
- Implementation options for file plans
- Implementing retention and disposal schedules
- Change management
- Performance management
Our mission is the development of potentials in individuals and organizations in emerging economies. We believe that economies develop when entities within it are performing to their highest potential.
People matter to us. We are committed to understanding our clients so that we can serve them better. Our ultimate goal is to foster mutually beneficial longterm relationships with each of our clients that is built on trust.
Our faculty members are experts within their fields, and are supported by a network of dynamic back-office staff. We actively encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing, recognizing that winning ideas come from collaborative thinking. With the wealth of knowledge within our teams and our collaborative ethos, we create an atmosphere that is conducive to learning for all our delegates.