Each session of this course will provide compound theoretical overview on the aspects of conflict management. It will also incorporate a range of participatory activities – class discussions and presentations, case studies and simulation games that will provide the participants with hands-on skills and tools in effective conflict management and analysis, principled negotiation and mediation.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Discuss and define the multiple understandings, assumptions of conflict, and to understand the causes of conflict theories
- Describe and conduct methods of conflict analysis
- Recognize the styles, methods and approaches of dealing with conflict
- Identify their own styles (with strengths and weaknesses) of addressing conflicts and evaluate their potential in effective conflict management
- Choose appropriate behaviours or change perceptions to prevent or resolve conflict
- Effectively communicate and behave during conflict in a manner that will achieve results satisfactory to both sides
- Learn the anatomy and factors of organizational conflicts, and techniques in reducing conflict through proactive management actions
- Acquire negotiation and mediating skills to be able to build agreement between conflicting parties
- Become better at managing themselves and others when there is conflict
- Lead and motivate employees out of conflict causing behaviours, to increase morale and build more productive teams
- Handle anger and emotion more professionally and deal with negative or aggressive behaviours more successfully
- Understanding Conflict
- Analyzing Conflict
- Responding to Conflict
- Communication in Conflicts
- Conflict Resolution Strategies
- Conflict in Organizations
- Conditions and antecedents of conflict in the organizations
- Employee motivation and expectations
- Interpersonal and organizational factors
- Types of conflicts
- Stages of organizational conflicts
- Manager’s role in managing conflict
- Conflict prevention
Our mission is the development of potentials in individuals and organizations in emerging economies. We believe that economies develop when entities within it are performing to their highest potential.
People matter to us. We are committed to understanding our clients so that we can serve them better. Our ultimate goal is to foster mutually beneficial longterm relationships with each of our clients that is built on trust.
Our faculty members are experts within their fields, and are supported by a network of dynamic back-office staff. We actively encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing, recognizing that winning ideas come from collaborative thinking. With the wealth of knowledge within our teams and our collaborative ethos, we create an atmosphere that is conducive to learning for all our delegates.