Negotiation is a key skill for professionals. Through negotiation, individuals gain the ability to increase value in numerous aspects of their work by increasing the effectiveness of their communication skills and persuasiveness. Other benefits of being a skilled negotiator include avoiding being cheated, being able to counteract difficult negotiators and their tactics and know when and how to walk away from a negotiation.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Build a stronger negotiation base, helping you to improve the outcome of deals
- Develop analytical tools and frameworks for understanding and winning in more sophisticated negotiations
- Acquire hands-on practice enabling you to strengthen weak points
- Describe the basic principles of the negotiating and influencing process
- Develop a range of techniques and skills aimed at improving performance
- Apply these skills in a wide range of situations
- Effective negotiation
- What is negotiating?
- The Four Phase Model of negotiating
- Defining the Negotiation Environment
- Conducting a principled negotiation
- Standards for principled negotiation
- Planning Wise Negotiation Outcomes
- Forming a negotiation preparation plan
- Setting the stage for successful negotiation
- Going Head-to-Head with “Hardball” Negotiators
- The Psychology of Successful Negotiation
- Preparing for successful negotiation
- Questioning, listening and influencing
- Understanding behaviour and real power
- Closing the deal that works for you
- Using principled negotiation for conflict resolution
- Applying your skills in a life-like case study
Our mission is the development of potentials in individuals and organizations in emerging economies. We believe that economies develop when entities within it are performing to their highest potential.
People matter to us. We are committed to understanding our clients so that we can serve them better. Our ultimate goal is to foster mutually beneficial longterm relationships with each of our clients that is built on trust.
Our faculty members are experts within their fields, and are supported by a network of dynamic back-office staff. We actively encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing, recognizing that winning ideas come from collaborative thinking. With the wealth of knowledge within our teams and our collaborative ethos, we create an atmosphere that is conducive to learning for all our delegates.