The course will be run using a series of Presentations, Discussions, examining a number of Case Studies, sharing experience and knowledge, examining international best practice in the implementation of Gender and Socio Economic equality.
At the end of the course delegates will understand:
- The development and implementation of human rights instruments
- Policies and best practices aimed at promoting gender equality at global, regional and national levels
- Gender-based violence and harmful practices
- Contemporary developments impacting on gender equality such as HIV/AIDS, participation in decision-making, the role of women in peace-keeping, women as refugees
- Case studies on gender and sex discrimination
- Introduction to socio-economic rights
- The recognition of socio-economic rights at global, regional and national levels
- The scope and contents of specific rights
- State reporting obligations on socio-economic rights under international human rights law
- The role of the Commissions in monitoring the implementation of socio-economic rights
- The role of budgeting in realising socio-economic rights
- Litigating socio-economic rights
Our mission is the development of potentials in individuals and organizations in emerging economies. We believe that economies develop when entities within it are performing to their highest potential.
People matter to us. We are committed to understanding our clients so that we can serve them better. Our ultimate goal is to foster mutually beneficial longterm relationships with each of our clients that is built on trust.
Our faculty members are experts within their fields, and are supported by a network of dynamic back-office staff. We actively encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing, recognizing that winning ideas come from collaborative thinking. With the wealth of knowledge within our teams and our collaborative ethos, we create an atmosphere that is conducive to learning for all our delegates.