This course has been designed to help delegates understand the skills and knowledge required to carry out your legal and HR roles and responsibilities as a line manager. This workshop is highly participative and blends theory with practical activities such case studies and role-play. There are lots of opportunities for delegates to practice using the tools and techniques provided and to gain both individual and group feedback.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the strategic role that HR plays within an organisation
- Understand and perform the key HR responsibilities of the line manager
- Operate within the employment law framework and know how and where to get additional support or information as required
- Understand how a standard grievance and discipline process works and the role of the line manager in the process
- Manage and participate in recruitment and selection processes
- Identify and operate HR processes that contribute to the motivation and retention of employees
- Manage performance using a standard ‘personal development review’ process
- The role of the line manager
- HR responsibilities of the line manager
- An overview of employment law including equal opportunities legislation and the data protection act
- Grievance and disciplinary procedures
- Recruitment and selection processes
- Strategies for motivating and retaining employees
- Managing performance
Our mission is the development of potentials in individuals and organizations in emerging economies. We believe that economies develop when entities within it are performing to their highest potential.
People matter to us. We are committed to understanding our clients so that we can serve them better. Our ultimate goal is to foster mutually beneficial longterm relationships with each of our clients that is built on trust.
Our faculty members are experts within their fields, and are supported by a network of dynamic back-office staff. We actively encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing, recognizing that winning ideas come from collaborative thinking. With the wealth of knowledge within our teams and our collaborative ethos, we create an atmosphere that is conducive to learning for all our delegates.