This course is designed especially for newly appointed managers and other managers who would like to sharpen their managerial skills. The first few modules have been designed to help you assess your current leadership skills, and explore your motivation to lead – without this, you’ll struggle to improve your skills or become an effective leader. However, if you have to lead, even if you lack an intrinsic motivation to do so, this course has been designed to challenge you as well as motivate you at the same time. Together the whole programme will enable delegates to understand the purpose, function and processes of management building into a toolkit of essential skills using real-life examples, scenarios and techniques to enable you to manage with confidence.
At the end of the course delegates will understand:
- The skills and techniques of managing people and resources
- The art of negotiating
- The skills of organisation
- Delegation, communication, motivation, leadership and team development
- Role plays and interactive group work to practice skills discussed
- Action plans for on-going management development
- Your Role as a New Manager
- Reasons for Failure or Success
- Setting Objectives
- Delegation and Work Allocation
- Motivating Staff to Better Performance
- Appraisals – Steps to Success
- Training and Developing Staff
Our mission is the development of potentials in individuals and organizations in emerging economies. We believe that economies develop when entities within it are performing to their highest potential.
People matter to us. We are committed to understanding our clients so that we can serve them better. Our ultimate goal is to foster mutually beneficial longterm relationships with each of our clients that is built on trust.
Our faculty members are experts within their fields, and are supported by a network of dynamic back-office staff. We actively encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing, recognizing that winning ideas come from collaborative thinking. With the wealth of knowledge within our teams and our collaborative ethos, we create an atmosphere that is conducive to learning for all our delegates.