The course is designed to help delegates gain a detailed understanding of the demands, motives and problems of the executive secretary and PA. You will learn how to expand and improve your contribution to the management team while learning the art of pro-activity in the job. This course will take you beyond basic requirements of the average secretary into the advanced skills and techniques you need to become a dynamic Executive Secretary/PA.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Identifying the key areas for development in this job role, increasing the contribution made to the company; laying the foundations; assessing your contribution.
- Managing your boss successfully; making relationships work; developing your network; communication and the importance of feedback.
- Increasing your contribution to the management team through basic group dynamics and teamwork.
- Developing personal management skills; setting objectives; prioritising tasks; understanding time management; delegating successfully; problem solving.
- Organising effective systems; travel; informal and formal meetings; minute taking.
- Effective communication; learning how to be assertive and stay in control; the telephone; dealing with difficult people; developing a personal action plan.
- Clarifying the expanded role of an Executive Secretary and understanding the full scope of the areas you need to address
- Developing and working as a successful team with your manager, so that you are both more efficient and get more done
- How an effective PA contributes to their managers success through aligned objectives
- Managing office time – yours, your manager’s and both together as a team
- Projecting a “Personal PR” image that reflects positively on your boss and department
- A Project Management Toolbox to help you set up and run small but complicated projects
- Handling the additional stress you will expect to encounter as an Executive Secretary
Our mission is the development of potentials in individuals and organizations in emerging economies. We believe that economies develop when entities within it are performing to their highest potential.
People matter to us. We are committed to understanding our clients so that we can serve them better. Our ultimate goal is to foster mutually beneficial longterm relationships with each of our clients that is built on trust.
Our faculty members are experts within their fields, and are supported by a network of dynamic back-office staff. We actively encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing, recognizing that winning ideas come from collaborative thinking. With the wealth of knowledge within our teams and our collaborative ethos, we create an atmosphere that is conducive to learning for all our delegates.