This course has been designed to be a highly intensive and practical sessions of training, that will equip line managers with the skills and confidence to conduct those normally “dreaded” Employee Performance Appraisals/Reviews, with positive results in terms of organizational goal achievement, as well as employee morale and competence enhancement.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the Benefits of Performance Management as a crucial management vehicle for achieving organization goals
- Have a basic understanding of Performance Management, including related tools and techniques
- Know how to develop/formulate Goals/Objectives, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Competencies, and Performance Standards
- Conduct an effective Performance Appraisal
- Utilize Generic Performance Interviewing Skills such as effective listening, understanding body language, giving constructive feedback, responding with empathy, handling difficult appraisees etc.
- The performance management cycle, and setting of standards
- Setting “SMART” objectives
- Planning and preparing for the appraisal
- Undertaking the preparation before the appraisal
- The appraisal meeting
- Conducting the appraisal (facilitating agreement on Actual Performance and Ratings for each Performance Measure)
- Identifying environmental barriers impacting on performance
- Identifying jobholder (appraisee) training and development needs, and completing a Performance Optimization Plan (POP)
- Identifying development needs and developing an ongoing personal development plan
- Monitoring and collecting evidence, continuous feedback, no surprises
- Self assessment and developing ownership (the 70/30 rule)
- Handling the unexpected
- Getting feedback from staff on how management perform
Our mission is the development of potentials in individuals and organizations in emerging economies. We believe that economies develop when entities within it are performing to their highest potential.
People matter to us. We are committed to understanding our clients so that we can serve them better. Our ultimate goal is to foster mutually beneficial longterm relationships with each of our clients that is built on trust.
Our faculty members are experts within their fields, and are supported by a network of dynamic back-office staff. We actively encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing, recognizing that winning ideas come from collaborative thinking. With the wealth of knowledge within our teams and our collaborative ethos, we create an atmosphere that is conducive to learning for all our delegates.