Resilience Management, also known as Business Continuity Management covers three main areas of interest and effort for management teams, namely Disaster and Risk Management, Sustainable Development (Impact on the Environment) and Obtaining Strategic Advantage (Being adept at winning despite difficulties). In this context Resilience is taken to mean “to survive the unforeseen”. This unforeseen can be due to unforeseen events that happen, or it can be a result of a slow and hardly noticeable series of changes over a period of time. This Resilience Management course captures all aspects of management focus and effort that would endeavor to avoid undesirable collapse of any type or magnitude.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand what disaster and risk management means to them
- Understand how to achieve sustainable development
- Achieve strategic advantage by surviving the unforeseen
- Understand, qualify and quantify the potential critical risk factors within their business in terms of one-off occurrences
- Understand, qualify and quantify the potential risk factors within their business in terms of slow and hardly noticeable series of changes over a period of time (creeping risks)
- Know, understand and apply strategic planning tools and business review models to facilitate risk assessment and contingency planning
- Develop a 360 degree view of their business, company or area of function including a “what if” (scenario) approach to potential risks.
- Define, qualify and quantify ‘resilience management’ in all its forms
- Bring the subject to life with relevant and topical case study
- Drill down into the realities of delegates businesses, companies and functions
- Build “what if” scenarios and associated cost versus benefit solutions
- Focus on disaster recovery through simulation of a real life case study
- Agree strategies for the identification and mitigation of creeping risks
- Resilience management approaches for commercial competitive advantage
- Personal resilience – focusing on personal resilience
- The fully rounded business and personal leader
- What is coming next in the changing world of risk?
Our mission is the development of potentials in individuals and organizations in emerging economies. We believe that economies develop when entities within it are performing to their highest potential.
People matter to us. We are committed to understanding our clients so that we can serve them better. Our ultimate goal is to foster mutually beneficial longterm relationships with each of our clients that is built on trust.
Our faculty members are experts within their fields, and are supported by a network of dynamic back-office staff. We actively encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing, recognizing that winning ideas come from collaborative thinking. With the wealth of knowledge within our teams and our collaborative ethos, we create an atmosphere that is conducive to learning for all our delegates.