The course aims to help equip delegates to manage organisations’ stakeholder relationships through innovative planned communication, which can be monitored and evaluated. Strategic communications is about creating benign enabling environments for the effective and sustainable implementation of policy, programs, development and reform. It is about attitude, opinion and behaviour and how these can be encouraged, shaped or changed to support and contribute to achieving desired outcomes.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Plan your communications strategy
- Align your communications with the organisation’s overall strategy
- Plan your interventions
- Measure the outcomes
- Communicate change
- What we mean by communications strategy
• The terminology and the thinking
• The elements that make up a strategy
• Managing Resources Efficiently: People, Technology and Budgets
• Turning these elements into a communications plan
• Identifying the appropriate channels for your communications
• Turning Managers into Effective Communicators: Capabilities, Core
Competencies and Performance
• Building feedback into the system
• Auditing and surveying your audiences
• Innovating and Adapting: Responding to a Continuously Changing Environment
• Accountability: Measuring and Valuing Changes to Reputation, Brand and the Triple Bottom Line
• Communicating to bring about organisational change
Our mission is the development of potentials in individuals and organizations in emerging economies. We believe that economies develop when entities within it are performing to their highest potential.
People matter to us. We are committed to understanding our clients so that we can serve them better. Our ultimate goal is to foster mutually beneficial longterm relationships with each of our clients that is built on trust.
Our faculty members are experts within their fields, and are supported by a network of dynamic back-office staff. We actively encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing, recognizing that winning ideas come from collaborative thinking. With the wealth of knowledge within our teams and our collaborative ethos, we create an atmosphere that is conducive to learning for all our delegates.