Critical to Project Management is the ability to leverage the full abilities of the available resources and maximise the effectiveness of the entire project team. Volatile team members, part-time resources, matrix management, and seniority issues can all conspire to pose obstacles to successful project delivery. This course provides Project Mangers with a unique opportunity to develop core competencies in essential ‘people skills’ – how to improve self-understanding, understanding how you relate to others, and assessing your personal effectiveness when managing others.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Establish a team identifying sources available and understand legislative requirements
- Recognize impact of cultural and ethical issues and manage them effectively
- Understand and define competency assessment methods, activities and their benefits
- Define development opportunities, setting goals and measures
- Develop coaching and mentoring skills
- Understand key elements in inducting individuals and the team
- Describe methods of motivating teams and individuals
- Understand leadership characteristics
- Define team goals and build an effective environment
- Understand methods for accelerating team building and the use of team tools.
- The Project Manager’s role
- Leadership styles in the project environment
- Building the project team
- Managing the individuals in projects
- Motivating to achieve project success
- Persuasive and influential communication
- Difficult situations – influencing senior managers successfully
- Managing stress in yourself and others
Our mission is the development of potentials in individuals and organizations in emerging economies. We believe that economies develop when entities within it are performing to their highest potential.
People matter to us. We are committed to understanding our clients so that we can serve them better. Our ultimate goal is to foster mutually beneficial longterm relationships with each of our clients that is built on trust.
Our faculty members are experts within their fields, and are supported by a network of dynamic back-office staff. We actively encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing, recognizing that winning ideas come from collaborative thinking. With the wealth of knowledge within our teams and our collaborative ethos, we create an atmosphere that is conducive to learning for all our delegates.