The proportion of the public sectors total costs which flows through to the populace is significant and it demands that approaches to managing this expenditure are in line with best practices. This course focuses on how to ensure that this expenditure is fully under control and all savings opportunities are realised. It is an ideal method for identifying the steps needed to bring all members of the purchasing / procurement team up to the same level of peak performance, in line with best practice.
At the end of the course delegates will understand:
- Understand what constitutes best practice in each different aspect of the purchasing / procurement function
- Assess their current level of performance and compare it against best practice
- Improve their decision-making at each stage of the buying process
- Ensure that the most common problem with suppliers are avoided altogether and that any other problems that do arise are dealt with swiftly and successfully
- Manage supplier performance
- Reduce cost and improve efficiency
- Make an even greater contribution to overall organisational performance
- Overview of the Public Sector procurement process
- Understand Local and Central Government
- Code of ethics in public procurement
- Procurement methods and planning
- Bid challenge procedures and related systems for prevention and detection of fraud and corruption
- Contract principles
- Contract administration for goods, works and services
- Planning and monitoring the procurement process
Our mission is the development of potentials in individuals and organizations in emerging economies. We believe that economies develop when entities within it are performing to their highest potential.
People matter to us. We are committed to understanding our clients so that we can serve them better. Our ultimate goal is to foster mutually beneficial longterm relationships with each of our clients that is built on trust.
Our faculty members are experts within their fields, and are supported by a network of dynamic back-office staff. We actively encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing, recognizing that winning ideas come from collaborative thinking. With the wealth of knowledge within our teams and our collaborative ethos, we create an atmosphere that is conducive to learning for all our delegates.