For many projects, procured goods and services form the highest percentages of expenditure and so it is important to achieve value for money through careful appraisal and management. The procurement strategy will promote a controlled and auditable response to external influences and ensure that the project, objectives are met. This course aims to equip you with the capacity to develop management and strategic skills in procurement in order to increase Value for Money. It will enable you to assess the meanings and outcomes of the stages in the development of an effective procurement strategy. It will develop your skills on how the process should be undertaken.
At the end of the course delegates will understand:
- Development of skills in a strategic process of procurement
- Improvement of procurement management to delivery VFM
- Building skills on how to undertake the process
- Assessment of collaborative forms of working: partnering, alliances and joint ventures
- Evaluation of project constraints and the management of risk
- Procurement strategies for privately financed projects
- Effective partnering: the partnering process
- An alliance/partnering contract strategy
- Innovative procurement methods
- Procurement through programme management
- Future trends in construction procurement
- Contract strategy
- Joint ventures
Our mission is the development of potentials in individuals and organizations in emerging economies. We believe that economies develop when entities within it are performing to their highest potential.
People matter to us. We are committed to understanding our clients so that we can serve them better. Our ultimate goal is to foster mutually beneficial longterm relationships with each of our clients that is built on trust.
Our faculty members are experts within their fields, and are supported by a network of dynamic back-office staff. We actively encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing, recognizing that winning ideas come from collaborative thinking. With the wealth of knowledge within our teams and our collaborative ethos, we create an atmosphere that is conducive to learning for all our delegates.