This course focuses on the different theories behind counselling techniques and their application during the counselling process. You will learn about the key principles and applications of different theoretical approaches to counselling. We hope through this course to offers a simple framework to improve interpersonal communication as well as help you understand why we do what we do (which will provide excellent “tools” to gain good counseling skills).
At the end of the course delegates will have a better understanding of:
- Behaviour and personality – why people behave the way they do
- Why people get stuck
- How relationships can be improved
- Counselling and other forms of individual help
- Counselling in the work context
- Counselling versus coaching
- Counselling versus sympathy
- Managers as counsellors
- When is counselling appropriate
- What sort of problems come up in counselling?
- Counselling placed into the working context
- Recognising signs and when to introduce counselling
- Setting the scene – preparing for the counselling interview
- Controlling the interview
- Active listening and questioning techniques – knowing when to question and when to listen
- Empathy and sensitivity
- Uncovering problems and introducing a framework to support the problem solving process
- Identifying options and solutions including external/internal systems of
- Analysis of workplace situations
- Practical sessions to develop personal counselling skills
Our mission is the development of potentials in individuals and organizations in emerging economies. We believe that economies develop when entities within it are performing to their highest potential.
People matter to us. We are committed to understanding our clients so that we can serve them better. Our ultimate goal is to foster mutually beneficial longterm relationships with each of our clients that is built on trust.
Our faculty members are experts within their fields, and are supported by a network of dynamic back-office staff. We actively encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing, recognizing that winning ideas come from collaborative thinking. With the wealth of knowledge within our teams and our collaborative ethos, we create an atmosphere that is conducive to learning for all our delegates.