This content and value rich course is suitable for middle and senior managers, directors and leaders and will provide fresh approaches to the ability to think strategically and deliver strategic excellence. Clarity, direction, forward motion and direction are some of the key outcomes which will be achieved through exploration, discussion and debate of a series of approaches to strategic thinking. We’ll use the experience of our delegates to work on real life case study and experience and we’ll conduct relevant exercises to bring concepts and theories to life. Standing back from the daily challenges isn’t easy in a pressured environment and this course will give delegates the tools they need to take a “helicopter view” and see things clearly. Clear and objective vision is an enabler of effective strategic planning and this course will deliver exactly that.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- View their people and business with significantly increased clarity
- Know, understand and apply a range of strategic thinking models
- Achieve clear focus on relevant, topical and potential issues and opportunities
- Apply objective approaches to thinking and planning
- Conduct effective business and people performance reviews
- Efficiently assess, quantify and qualify business and people issues
- Construct fully rounded and strategic action plans for success
- Share new approaches and business language with colleagues, peers and superiors
- Cut through layers of information and efficiently get to root cause analysis
- Understand key moments of truth and achieve critical improvements for competitive advantage
- What is strategic thinking and how does it differ from the status quo?
- The benefits, pitfalls, advantages and disadvantages of thinking strategically
- The thoughts of some historic and current strategy thought leaders
- De Bono thinking strategies
- The six thinking hats
- Bicycle strategy
- Root cause analysis – the 7 why’s
- Moments of Truth Analysis
- The model of excellence – can we improve it?
- Spiral, comfort, stretch, panic – where are you? where is the business?
- The CADILAC strategic thinking model
- The importance of CLARITY
- Are the 7 habits still relevant?
- A pragmatic strategy model for SME’s – does it apply to you?
Our mission is the development of potentials in individuals and organizations in emerging economies. We believe that economies develop when entities within it are performing to their highest potential.
People matter to us. We are committed to understanding our clients so that we can serve them better. Our ultimate goal is to foster mutually beneficial longterm relationships with each of our clients that is built on trust.
Our faculty members are experts within their fields, and are supported by a network of dynamic back-office staff. We actively encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing, recognizing that winning ideas come from collaborative thinking. With the wealth of knowledge within our teams and our collaborative ethos, we create an atmosphere that is conducive to learning for all our delegates.