The course emphasizes the relationship between accounting and information technology. It has been designed to give accountants a head start in their chosen profession. Delegates would be able to enter confidently the role of accounting and audit, computer audit, internal audit, crime prevention and detection, insurance and banking. Most of today’s financial frauds emerge from a computerized environment and so the course emphasizes the relationship between accounting and IT. Delegates will build a capacity to aid in the investigation of potential frauds by developing current technical accounting understanding and practice.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- An in-depth knowledge of systems auditing and related subjects from a theoretical and practical perspective.
- The risk exposures in an IT environment and the internal controls to minimize these risks
- What is audit in a computer environment?
- Auditing around the computer
- Auditing through the Computer
- Auditing with the computer
- Use of computer of audit automation
- The computer systems challenges
- Lack of visible evidence and systematic errors – What to do
- Controls over audit computers
- Security and Accuracy (of input, processing and output)
- Back up of data contained on files, regular production of hard copy; back-up disks held off the premises
- The internal control over computer based accounting system
- Computer Assisted Audit Techniques (CAATs)
Our mission is the development of potentials in individuals and organizations in emerging economies. We believe that economies develop when entities within it are performing to their highest potential.
People matter to us. We are committed to understanding our clients so that we can serve them better. Our ultimate goal is to foster mutually beneficial longterm relationships with each of our clients that is built on trust.
Our faculty members are experts within their fields, and are supported by a network of dynamic back-office staff. We actively encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing, recognizing that winning ideas come from collaborative thinking. With the wealth of knowledge within our teams and our collaborative ethos, we create an atmosphere that is conducive to learning for all our delegates.