This IPSAS course has been designed to provide an overview of the background of IPSAS and its objectives. In addition to an overview of current accrual-based IPSAS, our expert facilitator will provide best practice information on financial reporting under the cash basis of accounting. At the end of this course, each delegate would have also received up-to-date information on IPSASB’s current exposure drafts and projects. Its application of the requirements, issues and opportunities will be illustrated through the use of short case studies, questions and group exercise.
- Review the basic principles of accrual accounting
- Differentiate cash based accounting from accrual accounting
- Discuss and apply the requirements of IPSAS Understand the challenges and consequences of adopting IPSAS for the first time
- Determine the costs and benefits for implementing IPSAS and implications
- Determine the systems modifications and other changes required to implement IPSAS
- Understand the unique strategies for managing the transition from local GAAP to IPSAS
- General introduction to IPSAS
- Key characteristics of the public sector
- Accounting for assets (intangibles, property, plant and equipment, leases, inventories, etc.)
- Accounting for liabilities (provisions, expenses and liabilities, employee benefits)
- Financial instruments
- Revenue from exchange and non-exchange transactions
- Public sector consolidation
IFRS Versus IPSAS
- Accounting Standards Setting Bodies
- IPSAS and IFRS Equivalents
- Government Accounting
- Revenue Recognition
- First-time adoption IFRS/IPSAS
- Budget reporting
- Service concession agreements
Our mission is the development of potentials in individuals and organizations in emerging economies. We believe that economies develop when entities within it are performing to their highest potential.
People matter to us. We are committed to understanding our clients so that we can serve them better. Our ultimate goal is to foster mutually beneficial longterm relationships with each of our clients that is built on trust.
Our faculty members are experts within their fields, and are supported by a network of dynamic back-office staff. We actively encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing, recognizing that winning ideas come from collaborative thinking. With the wealth of knowledge within our teams and our collaborative ethos, we create an atmosphere that is conducive to learning for all our delegates.