Expanding relevant areas in insurance as tool for risk management will benefit all business managers that have resources that are exposed to risk as a result of their business activities. This course will be very useful and effective for designate Risk Managers and Admin/Human Resources Managers.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to understand:
- When and how risk becomes a threat, and how to manage it
- How to identify risk by looking at its source
- Looking at risk from the perspective of resource- at-risk thereby informing the best way to manage the risk
- Insurance and its fundamental
- Insurance’s place as support for business activities
- Advantages of using insurance as backup and motivational tool
- The best way to manage insurance relationship and obligations
- What about Risk?
- The concept of Risk Management
- The process of Risk Management
- The key Sources of Risk
- Types of Risk
- Three key resources exposed to risk
- Human resource
- Financial resource
- Physical resource
- Using the Risk analysis Grid (looking at likelihood and effect)
- Risk treatment options
- Insurance – the risk transfer tool
- What is Insurance?
- Fundamentals of insurance
- The key players and how Insurance works
- Types of Insurance
- Classes of insurance as applicable to Resources Exposed to Risk
- Concept of Risk Financing
- Why use Insurance for risk management?
- Managing Insurance relationship
Our mission is the development of potentials in individuals and organizations in emerging economies. We believe that economies develop when entities within it are performing to their highest potential.
People matter to us. We are committed to understanding our clients so that we can serve them better. Our ultimate goal is to foster mutually beneficial longterm relationships with each of our clients that is built on trust.
Our faculty members are experts within their fields, and are supported by a network of dynamic back-office staff. We actively encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing, recognizing that winning ideas come from collaborative thinking. With the wealth of knowledge within our teams and our collaborative ethos, we create an atmosphere that is conducive to learning for all our delegates.