This course has been designed to help each delegate examine theories of regulatory policy development, and analyse existing organizational policies to determine if the necessary issues have been considered and incorporated. You will learn how to influence policy development and change, and write new policy built around the ethical and legal principles. The goal of the course is for each delegate to consider key emergency management and security policy issues globally, nationally, and locally, and determine their linkages and potential impact for emergency management and security responsibilities within their organizations.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the process of policy development and implementation.
- Know the different models of policy.
- Implement the principles of policy management.
- Effectively participate in policy development, maintenance and design.
- Use the information to develop, implement, and evaluate existing policy and policy gaps, by providing input into safety and security policy amendments and new policy development.
- The background to policy formulation and implementation
- Policy formulation
- Policy monitoring & evaluation
- Education and training for policy development and implementation
- International law, conventions, declarations, national action plans and priorities
- Policy development.
- Policy implementation
- Models of Policy
- The articulation and role of policy
- The basic steps in the process of public policy development
- Critical evaluation of public policy text from various perspectives.
- Designing a plan for policy management and adjustment with short, medium and long term focus.
- Financial aspects of policy development and management.
- The strategic effect that a policy has on all other aspects of organizational operations.
- The basic principles of policy management and design.
Our mission is the development of potentials in individuals and organizations in emerging economies. We believe that economies develop when entities within it are performing to their highest potential.
People matter to us. We are committed to understanding our clients so that we can serve them better. Our ultimate goal is to foster mutually beneficial longterm relationships with each of our clients that is built on trust.
Our faculty members are experts within their fields, and are supported by a network of dynamic back-office staff. We actively encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing, recognizing that winning ideas come from collaborative thinking. With the wealth of knowledge within our teams and our collaborative ethos, we create an atmosphere that is conducive to learning for all our delegates.